About Me

My photo
Nothing much about me. I'm just a regular girl, studies in a regular school, do nothing but regular stuffs..BUT I AM MADLY OBSESSED WITH LEEHOM!!
I AM A SEXY BEAST

Now that I've got your attention, please click here. I promise you this is not some ad or spam. Just write something :)

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Turning LEGAL

So now, I am a legal adult.

I can now watch 18+ movies in the cinema without worrying that I might be kicked out of the cinema. I can now legally drink alcohol. I can now....

But this also means that I'm not a kid anymore. I dunno, I just feel like, I'm not ready to be on my own. I still wanna be the little girl that needs my parents. I still wanna run free and wild like all children.

I guess this is a wake up call for me. I am now an adult. I should be more independent and I should be more responsible. I should be strong when facing any difficulties and I should NOT cry that much anymore. I'm gonna turn over a new leaf.

But then I should not lose myself. Hmmm, how to say this..? I should still be me, and I hope that I won't turn into a total stranger to all my family and friends back in Malaysia. I need to keep what's Cheng Mun in me.

So, this is my first year celebrating my birthday NOT in KUALA LUMPUR. It's like.... I don't know how many kilometers away from Kuala Lumpur. It feels weird, but it was a great birthday. It was way better than I expected.

Well I received a lot of birthday wishes on 29th Feb. Mostly because it was already 1st March in Malaysia. Switz is 7 hours behind so technically I'm 7 hours younger than usual :D Qiang, Tepung and Ding made a skype call, and it was LOL. Pei San, Jun Khee and Leelee skype called me and sang happy birthday to me :D Thanks guys :)

And so, early in the morning when I went up for breakfast, my HF wished me happy birthday. Took the train as usual to Luzern and then change to Olten. When I met up with Pei San and Laura, they wished me Happy birthday and hugged me (awww). Maruly, who was in the same train with me from Luzern to Olten, was surprised and didn't know that it was my birthday today. And so we walked to the Klubsschule. Jun Khee mouthed "Happy birthday" when we reached, and Camilo wished me a belated birthday 'cause he thought my birthday was yesterday. When he wished, of course, other people realized and wished me, too. Class was usual, and we had a break. Jun Khee and Pei San bought a cake from Migros as a birthday present to me. THANK YOU again :D. We then went to Coop and search for Malaysian Maggi Mee. But unfortunately, they don't have it. Oh yeah, I had a hot dog and a Poulet Wrap for lunch. It costed me about Fr 9.90. Bleh. It was delicious, though. When we went back to the Klubsschule, William wished my Happy birthday and said that he has a present for me but he left it at home. And when we went into the class, we changed teacher. They all requested to sing Happy birthday to me, which was really nice :D And the awkward moment when everyone is singing Happy Birthday and you don't know what to do. They sang in German, which I forgot the lyrics hehehe. The Deutschlehrerin said that 18th birthday is very important in Switzerland. For 18 years olds, they can now drive, drink liquor, and they can make decisions without parents anymore. Usually people have a big party for their 18th birthday, but since I had my party earlier in Malaysia and I've just arrived, this is seriously superb for me. After school, I took the train back to Luzern, as usual, and took the CORRECT train in platform 11A. I went to Schulpfheim and met up with my soon-to-be classmates, Anja, Karin and Megi, and my soon-to-be schoolmates, Raphael and Pascal. They gave me a Balloon and a Chocolate Rabbit. It was really really sweet of them :D We went to the Cafe next to the train station and we ordered some drinks there. They are really really friendly, and CRAZY! Don't get me wrong, they're crazy in a good way :D So around 5.50pm, we left and I took the train back home.

And back at home.

I was home alone at first. Then the family came home. They had dinner ( I didn't cause I was super full) and I joined them later. We did talk about Malaysia and all, and they were eating RICE today. Later they were lighting candles on cupcakes, which was baked by Joel, helped by Franzi during lunch. It was so sweet of them!!! They wrote a birthday card for me, and sang birthday song. I was so surprised!!! The troubles they went through for my birthday, I feel so touched!

And.......... CLIMAX.

It was 8pm and I went down to my room to pack for the Orientation camp tomorrow. SUDDENLY mom and dad skyped me. They woke up SO EARLY IN THE MORNING to wish me happy birthday in person *add tears* !!!!! And so I told them about my adventures so far in der Schweiz. We talked for almost 1 hour. It feels so good to talk to them. AFS said calling back will make us homesick, but so far, calling back home just makes me feel happier. I dunno I guess I'm just used to telling my parents about special events everyday. Thank you mom and dad, and I know you WILL be reading this cause you guys STALK me so much. Love you guy!! Send my LOVE to Kit too.

And so Conclusion.

This has been a great and unforgettable 18th birthday. My first birthday away from home, in Switzerland.

With my soon-to-be schoolmates


With my classmates from the Klubsschule

William and Harry


Birthday present from Anja, Karin and Megi


Classmates!


Cake from Peisan and Junkhee


And..My host family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment