About Me

My photo
Nothing much about me. I'm just a regular girl, studies in a regular school, do nothing but regular stuffs..BUT I AM MADLY OBSESSED WITH LEEHOM!!
I AM A SEXY BEAST

Now that I've got your attention, please click here. I promise you this is not some ad or spam. Just write something :)

Monday, March 5, 2012

Orientation Camp

2nd - 4th March 2012

I went to the orientation camp for the AFSers on the exchange program. They had more than 2 camps in the whole Switzerland, and I was sent to Aarburg, along with Shu Chien, KC, Maruly, Catherine, Nicole, Ana, Yuka, Saho and Will from Deutschkurs.

Catherine, Pei San, Jun Khee, Panyada and I went to Migros to kill some time cause we had to wait 2 hours after our Deutschkurs to get on the train. Walked around and found a stationery shop, which I bought some stuff because I left my pencil case at home back in Malaysia. We went into Migros supermarket and I found Asian Curry instant noodles. I don't know if it tastes the same as Maggi Mee, but I'd really like to try it.

Okay so at 5pm, Catherine and I went to the train station along with those going to Hunibach's camp. Our train was supposed to be 6pm but then we had nothing to do, so we decided to take an hour earlier train and wait in Aarburg train station. The train was so packed, Catherine almost didn't get off the train when we reached. Surprisingly, Tina, one of the leaders for the orientation camp, saw me reading the AFS letter and came to us. Soon I met up with rest of the leaders, Rebecca, Ella and Davide. They were actually gonna play a prank on us, but then we were too early and we spoke to Tina, so it failed, but then they asked us to play along with the prank later on when they prank the others. The prank was that they were gonna speak only Swiss German to them and be very very very strict when they arrive. Plus, they weren't gonna be there to pick them up in the train station, and not helpful when they called to ask for directions. Catherine and I helped Davide to prepare dinner, and we started off with peeling and chopping onions. I teared up so badly just peeling the onions. At around 7pm, the rest of the group started arriving. They were so glad to reach there, and Catherine and I was supposed to go up to them and tell them to be quiet and put their stuff neatly in the room cause the leaders are very mean. Soon the group was a bit scared, and the atmosphere was awkward (well, funny to us and the leaders). After they took our phones, watches and all, they start to say that it was just a prank, and Rebecca, who pretended to be part of the us students, was actually one of the leaders.

Starting off by playing World Map, which we had to stand according to where our countries are and introduce ourselves. I introduced myself with the name "Moon" cause it's easier to remember for the others >< After that, we went in and played Fruit Salad, which was similar to Blow Wind, Blow. Then we had to say our name, and say another animal's name starting with the same letter with our name, and remember everyone's name. It was okay for me, just that the animals' name had to be in Deutsch, which was kind of a tongue twister. Dinner was served later, and it was pasta, which was what Catherine and I helped in the kitchen. They had a sauce, which was dark pink in colour, and a lot of people didn't take it cause it looked horrible, but it actually tasted awesome, cause Davide forced some onto my plate. Some of us did presentations for our country, but not all. Only us Malaysians, Honduras, and Thailand. Me, Shu Chien and KC brought some stuffs from Malaysia. I brought the Malaysian flag, postcards and a RM1 note. Shu Chien and KC brought their traditional costumes, which was baju kurung and baju melayu. I wore the Merdeka T-Shirt from school.

The next morning was awful! Someone was shouting early in the morning and it really pissed me off. As you all know, I'm not the morning person. But, this is the time to test my tolerance, so I just continued sleeping until around 7am. Breakfast was served and it was some kind of Museli. It was pink in colour, with bananas and apples. It wasn't the best meal. After that we played the game Evolution. We had to start off as an egg, and play rock paper scissors (in Deutsch) to other eggs, and if you win, you evolve into a chick, and continue with other chicks. If you lose, you have to return to a lower level. After chick was chicken, after chicken was penguins, after penguins was elephants, after elephant was Superman, and the first Superman wins. Later, we had a screen-playing game, which we were seperated into different groups, and each group were given a scene. We were asked to talk about what went wrong with the scene, and what should we change to make it better. We were given "An exchange student was late in class, and there was a test, and she didn't understand a single thing, and the teacher was lecturing her in front of the class, and she was writing back home about how awful it is for her here." If I remembered correctly, my group was KC, Laura, Merly, and Catherine. After that we had lunch, and we had Potatoes with cheese. After lunch was the screen-playing game (continued) and after that we went out to play. We started off with Funky chicken. It was like " 1 2 3 4, 5 6 7 8, Can you do the funky chicken? What's the funky chicken? Funky chicken, funk funk funky chicken, funk funk funk chicken" or something like that. I forgot, hehe. After that we had a session of AFS rules, and later we went to a big field, but there was cow shit at some places, and just took photos and played the British Bulldog. The Bulldogs have to carry someone and say 1,2,3 BULLDOG in order to make the other person a bulldog. After that we went back and showered, and prepared for dinner. Before dinner, we played a game, called something planeterium. We were again seperated into groups, and I was in the deaf group. We had to complete a task, and everyone was seperated into different groups again, where a group consists of 1 deaf, 1 mute, 1 blind and 1 without hands. We had to draw something representing a word, and after that we had to guess another's drawing. It was nice, and KC was the loudest of them all. After that we had to write down 3 keywords of why host families hosted us. Then after that it was dinner. It was the best dinner cause it was rice with carbonara sauce and mushrooms. YUM. After dinner we played Honey I Love You. It was hilarious! Then, it was the Drugs and Sex talk.

Okay. That was awkward.

Well, at least for me it was awkward. The boys and girls were seperated, and Rebecca & Ella were giving the talk to us girls. Apparently Swiss culture is that it's okay to lose your virginity before marriage, and AFS was not stopping us, but just wanted us to be safe if we REALLY did DO IT. It's already awkward for me to be typing this out, cause I know that, mom and dad, you guys will be reading this. And then we were each given a condom. I know. IT WAS SUPER WEIRD! And they were teaching us how to wear it, on a banana. I know I'm 18 already, but this is super awkward to me. And they asked us to touch it, not the banana, but the condom. It was....slimy. And they were telling us about it is perfectly normal to discuss this topic in public, because Swiss people are very open. We were given the chance to ask questions about this topic, although most of us were to awkward to ask. After that Davide came down and answered some of our questions, as a guy's thinking. It was awkward. Yes.

After that we practically just partied after supper (Chocolate and Vanila pudding). They were playing party songs and we were all dancing. They also played Spanish songs, and Sabina and Will taught me how to dance Salsa. HAHA it was fun! They really REALLY can move!! And then we all danced to the Brazilian song, Ai Se Eu Te Pego. It really is a catchy song, and it is now stuck in my head. KC was like doing his own moves, which was... indescribable HAHAHA. We partied till midnight, and I couldn't take it anymore. Went up to sleep.

The next day, breakfast was the Swiss bread that we made last night, with jam. Michael and Catherine brought Vegemite from Aussie and Marmite from New Zealand to put on the bread. Well, we Malaysians like it, but every other people hated it. After breakfast, we continued to write another Dear Me letter. In this letter, we can ask everyone else to write, and we were all busy writing. Well, I didn't write, cause I was doing some Origami with Shu Chien, and the Japaneses. But soon I started to give other people to write my Dear Me letter. After that, we were all separated to clean up the whole house, and I was in Kitchen duty. After that we continued with the letters. At the same time, we were snapping photos and transferring photos into Davide's computer. And so after everything, we went out for some activties, energizers and games because they were about to hand in the house to the owner. It was a scout house, by the way. We played the Monster Chicken game, then the game which you cant laugh, but if you do you had to become a chicken and make other people laugh. Then we played Ninja, which was like Pepsi Cola but this is to hit the hands of the other person. After that we played a game, I forgot the name but it was with apples. Someone was supposed to stand in the middle, and everyone had to pass around an apple behind our backs. The person in the middle was supposed to guess who had the apple. We were supposed to chomp on the apple when the person in the middle wasn't looking. It was a bit disgusting because we had to pass the apple around and it had like saliva on it, and we had to eat the apple which was touched by every other people. After that game, the camp ended and we all went back to the train station. Maruly, Carolina and I took the train back to Luzern.

Here are some photos :

Group photo minus Carolina

The people in the camp were

Malaysian : Shu Chien, KC and I
Australian : Michael
New Zealand : Catherine
Thailand : Proud and Fon
Japan : Yuka, Saho, Meiko, Miori
Brazil : Alex
Costa Rica : Nicole, Merly and Luis
Columbia : Juan Carlos, Laura and Sabina
Argentina : Ivan
Peru : Will
Panama : Maruly
Paraguay : Ana
Honduras : Carolina

And our leaders, Tina, Ella, Davide and Rebecca.

Sabina and Laura

Malaysians :D

This is soooo Malaysian scout pose :D

Group hug at the end of the camp

No comments:

Post a Comment