About Me

My photo
Nothing much about me. I'm just a regular girl, studies in a regular school, do nothing but regular stuffs..BUT I AM MADLY OBSESSED WITH LEEHOM!!
I AM A SEXY BEAST

Now that I've got your attention, please click here. I promise you this is not some ad or spam. Just write something :)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012



So I've not been updating a lot recently.

I wasn't in the mood. Not in a bad way, but I was in the lazy mood, and I was too engrossed in the Hunger Games book. I spent all my free timing reading it. AMAZING BOOK by the way. PEETAAAAAA <3


Okay, back to serious business.


Deutschkurs ended, right? So I started school last week, the week I disappeared from updating this blog. On Saturday, the day after the Zurich trip, Julia invited me to go shopping with her and 2 friends of her in Luzern. That was the first time I had McDonalds here in Switzerland, and let me tell you this, it is HELL EXPENSIVE. GOD! I could've eaten in TGIF back in Malaysia! But it was nice to spend some time with my host-sister. And this was the day, I bought my first Hunger Games book. Yes. And I finished the book that night. Yes. It was amazing. Yes.

So I've started school for more than a week now. Last week was my first day in school, 26th March. My first day was simply easy. Went to school, sat around with my classmates before class started, met a few people, first class was Geography and they had a test, and the exchanged students were excused from the test, so we spent another 45 minutes sitting around doing nothing. The next period of Geography was to go to the ICT lab and search for information on our work. After Geography was French, which we need not take. So we sat around in the "Glass room" for another 45 minutes. Apparently the exchange students, meaning Isaac, Marcos and Gabriel, were skipping German class, cause we don't take their German class. We are supposed to sit inside but do our own stuffs instead of listening of the lecture. And after that was lunch. After lunch we had 2 periods of Wahlfach. I don't know what that means in English, but that's what it said in the timetable. We could choose between Latin, Economics and Law, Biology and Chemistry, Music or Arts. I, being the new exchange student and all, was allowed to go into any classes I like just to check things out. So I went to Arts. The teacher asked a student, Kirsten, to bring me back out to another building, which happens to be a museum-sort-of building, where they display the works of the students art projects. She took me on a short tour, and by the time we returned to the school, school's out.

So that was my 1st day.

2nd day was a bit busier. Started off with History, which I had no idea what the lesson is about, then Maths. They were doing Differentiation, and I was shocked that I still remember what I learned for SPM. PRAISE BUDDHA! After that was English. Ahhhhh. Finally a class that I can understand. We (Marcos, Gabriel, Isaac and I) were free for the first period, because they were learning grammars, and we....well, we don't have to go for grammar class. Again, we were free for 45 minutes, and later we were called back into the class to discuss about the literature. Did I tell you that we're reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen for literature? Oh my god. Don't get me started with the story. It'll be too long to write it all down.

After that was Philosophy. It would be super duper interesting if I knew what the teacher was talking about the whole time. I caught a few words, and Isaac explained some to me. I tell you, if Marcus was here in Philosophy class, holy crap, he's gonna enjoy it so much. Maybe even Mr. David. Soon, it was lunch, and after lunch was Sports.

Sports. We played volleyball.

And that was the first time I really played volleyball.

Check out my hands.


Wednesday I went to the Technorama with the Mathematic group. I was the only girl, which I only found out once we reached Luzern. The Technorama is in Winterthur, and it's the Swiss Science Centre. The place is AWESOME. You wouldn't believe the stuffs there. There was a show on lightnings, just like the one they did in the Sorcerer's Apprentice, where they make songs with lightnings or I don't know what it's called. Then they demonstrated the magnetic field train, which I forgot the name as well. After the trip, in Luzern, I went to the bookshop again and searched for Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games series. Apparently Mockingjay was on sale, too, and I bought it as well. We all know how fast I can read a book that's super interesting *winks*.

Thursday was normal, had sports and we had to go out jogging to the woods and back. Exhausting. I went for the music class, too. It was more of a choir class, but the class was fun. It's at least something I already know.

Friday after school I went to my host-aunt's house in Gunzwil for 3 days and 2 nights. My host family was going to Salsfee for Julia's ski-race.



Friday night I went for a Zumba class with Mirjam, my host-cousin. It was really cool!! Dancing really can lift my spirits up. We did a lot of songs, and I'm thinking mom would like this class, cause it's not very difficult, but it's exercise. After Zumba, we went to a bar, with a friend of Mirjam, Ronja. They brought me to Barock, and introduced me a drink called Schlümpf. It means Smurf in German. It's an alcohol drink, but only a little, with lemon juice and a Gummi Smurf inside it. Let's just say the drink makes you want to order another one. And another one. And another one. But I only ordered one cup. Ronja ordered another but had to leave before she could finished it, so she gave it to me to finish. Met some other friends of Mirjam, and they were all really friendly and nice. They were being really helpful too, by speaking super super slowly so I can get what they're saying. Oh by the way I spoke 90% German and 9% English and 1% Chinese during the weekend. Yay me.

Saturday my host-mom and another Ramona, Mirjam's sister, brought me to Bern.



There was a market there, and I found the DREAM CATCHER. YESSSS.

If you don't know what a dream catcher looks like, it's this.


But the one I bought was a cheap one, so it's smaller and has less feathers. It's a native American culture, believed to trap nightmares and allows you to have beautiful dreams. I just think this is absolutely beautiful.

I also met up with Pei San and Jun Khee, cause they were also going to Bern to buy some stuffs. It feels so good to see them.



After Bern, we went for a football match in Gunzwil. It was Gunzwil vs. a team which I don't know. Gunzwil won :D Hooraaaaay. After the match, we went to a old restaurant for a drink. I drank some white wine back in the football match, so I was still pretty red on my whole body. I ordered Ice Tea. And this was the night I finished Mockingjay. WHAT AN AWESOME BOOK. So apparently, Katniss isn't as strong as I thought she was in the first book. Peeta's the mentally strong one. YAY.

Hehehe back to topic. The next day I woke up at 11.30am. Awesome, right? I was reading the book until 4am in the morning. Nikki and Max, the neighbors from my host-aunt, came for coffee, and chatted with me. Nikki's an Australian, and she was the one who read my letter when I first applied for the program. My host-mom couldn't understand the letter and brought it to her to explain it in German last Christmas. So in a way, they already know me. She's really nice and friendly. She stayed in Switzerland for 22 years, and can only speak Swiss German, but not High German. But it was really good discussing about the difficulties in learning German in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment