About Me

My photo
Nothing much about me. I'm just a regular girl, studies in a regular school, do nothing but regular stuffs..BUT I AM MADLY OBSESSED WITH LEEHOM!!
I AM A SEXY BEAST

Now that I've got your attention, please click here. I promise you this is not some ad or spam. Just write something :)

Monday, July 23, 2012

So I was on vacation with my host family in Jesolo, Venice.

We departed at 1.45am on Sunday morning. Yes, 1.45am. I set my alarm to 1.15am so I could get ready and brush my teeth and freshen up and all, but I went to sleep at around 12.45am so I put my alarm on snooze accidentally and I woke up with Joel knocking on my door asking me to get in the car. Obviously I jumped, and I just packed my toothbrush and all without brushing my teeth, and I didn't even really get to double check what I remembered and what I forgot. I kinda just slept the whole 8 hours of car ride there.

Basically all I did there was just sunbathing. We arrived at around 9am or so, and we had a little breakfast, then Julia, Joel and I went to the pool although our rooms were not ready yet. Played around in the water for a bit and then we got up and just laid under the sun. I never needed any towel to dry off whenever I get out of the water. I just lay under the sun and let nature take over. Went to the beach and then we had take-away pizza nearby the hotel for lunch. We just stayed there until around 5.30pm and Julia and I went back to shower and get ready for dinner.



The thing about the beach in Jesolo, is that it is SO MUCH different than what we have in Malaysia. I mean, at around 2pm to 3pm was the most crowded time, and what would you get if you were in Malaysia? Everyone hiding in their hotel rooms, sleeping or just enjoying the shade. And the beach, holy cow, the BEACH. You couldn't really see how far the beach goes, because it's all full of beach chairs and umbrellas.



For 6 of our 7 dinners there, we had it at the same restaurant, which was the hotel restaurant. Not complaining here, just so you know. The food is absolutely DELICIOUS and they had this awesome pizza called Americana which was Magheritta pizza with Fries and toppings. Plus, they have a free salad buffet, one of the food that I've grown to love since being here. Although the dressing is Italian, but eating fresh veggies, oooooooh, I can't believe how much I love eating veggies now.

Brilliant thing that happened to me that I can't control. Big ol' red aunt visited me during my 3rd day in Jesolo.

On Wednesday, I went to Venice city alone with the Marco Polo tour ship. It cost me 36euro for the boat ride to Burano, Murano and Venice City, with a short visit at the Glass Factory in Murano and lunch on boat. It was also a "guided" tour, where there was someone on board explaining about the islands and all, but the guide was doing it in 3 languages, and the speaker wasn't clear at all, so I had no idea what language was she speaking, I also kinda fell asleep on board cause I was so nervous the night before for spending the whole day alone and couldn't sleep. Venice city is CROWDED like bees in a beehive, or you could say it was packed like sardines. The weather was warm. Funny thing: I think that the weather in Malaysia is much more warmer, but the sunlight here actually stings your skin and burns it, so making it harder to stay long under the sun. I just found out about Venice City not having any cars at all when I arrived there. There wasn't any roads for cars, only rivers for Gondolas and alleys for people.

Sorry I am super duper pooped right now. I spent the whole of last night at Basel train station cause I didn't wanna pay for the ticket which costs 20fr from Hasle, so Pei San and I took the midnight train there so we don't have to pay for anything. We didn't get much sleep as it was freezing and there were no proper seats. The waiting room closes at 3am. One thing I really dislike about here is that they close everything and leaves you stranded and helpless. They even close the toilets so if you gotta go, you just gotta keep it in. Germany-Malaysians are here and we're gonna spend the whole week traveling (well, not for us cause we're just visiting places we've already been).

UPDATED

Wednesday night after dinner, we rented bikes so we could travel further down the street to shop. They close off the streets at night for pedestrians so the whole street was full of people, and occasionally with their dogs, some big some small, some even smaller than the average teddy bear size. I wonder why these people even DARE to let those miniature dogs walk on the street. I mean, there are so many cyclists around, and a cyclist would just accidentally run over the "dog" and not notice about it. I mean, that dog is even smaller than my MacBook. I AM NOT JOKING. It's length, I mean. If it were flatter than my MacBook, then I'm gonna start to wonder if I'm in the correct planet. I went to bed early because I was entirely worn out from walking around, lost, in Venice City.

Thursday was normal, nothing special, lay under the sun and bake away. Friday night, however, we had dinner at a different restaurant. I don't know if it's any better, but the pizza was just as delicious. I went to search for a T-Shirt for my brother. A troll face T-Shirt. Bro, if you're reading this, I want you to wear it out in public. I don't care if you wear it to your "Mahjong" place or in Saxon. WEAR IT OUT. *a-hem* Back to topic, every shop I asked were selling the same price. Then I came into a shop, where I heard a familiar language. MANDRIN! These are people from China. So, naturally, I asked them the price of the t-shirt in Mandrin. The lady answered me, which was the same price as the other shops, but then added another sentence behind. “一样中国人,给你便宜一点啦!”. I tried to hide the astonished look on my face, but sometimes I'm not a good expression hider. Although it's just 1 euro cheaper, but 1 euro = RM4. I'll take it. I told my host family about it, they thought it was amusing. Well, it IS amusing. Who would've thought I would be given a discounted price because I was Asian in Europe?

Saturday was our last day in Jesolo. We checked out early in the morning, right after breakfast, and spent the day at the beach again. I had a tattoo made for 5 euro. At evening, we went up to the rooftop pool shower to shower. I know, in public. Of course, we were wearing our swimsuits and all, but I still think it's weird. Nobody saw us, I guess, because the shower is located a flight of stairs down the pool. We had our last dinner at the same restaurant we ate all week, and then we went home. We reached back home in Hasle at around 3.30am or so. I slept the whole way there, but I didn't get a blink of sleep the whole way back.

And something weird, I actually get the feeling of "home sweet home" when I got back.

Imagine how strong the feeling would be when I actually return back to Sri Petaling, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?

Oh the wonders of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment