About Me

My photo
Nothing much about me. I'm just a regular girl, studies in a regular school, do nothing but regular stuffs..BUT I AM MADLY OBSESSED WITH LEEHOM!!
I AM A SEXY BEAST

Now that I've got your attention, please click here. I promise you this is not some ad or spam. Just write something :)

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Okay this post marks the end of my first ever summer vacation.

Since the last update on the picnic at my host-uncle's house, the next day I went to Fribourg to meet up with Julie..

I was supposed to go to her house for a sleepover on Wednesday, the day of the picnic, actually. But then after she invited me, my host-mom then told me about the picnic, and says the WHOLE family will be there. I guess family before friends? :( So I told her I'd meet her on the next day, and so I did :)

I met her at the bahnhof, and then she brought me around town. After I bought something that I need, we walked to her school that she will be attending when school starts. Have I told you that the school holidays in Switzerland is different for every Kanton? For instance, Luzern and Bern and Solothurn and Basel and some other Kantons started the holidays at the same time, but Luzern has 1 more week of holidays, which means the other Kantons have already started school for a week. Zurich, on the other hand, started a week later than us, but has the same amount of holidays as Bern/Solothurn/Basel and all so we start school at the same time. HOWEVER, Fribourg, lucky Fribourg, started holiday at the same time as us, but they start school on September. WHUT. Okay back to story. Her school just underwent renovations so it looks really modern and big. It is much much much bigger than Kanti Schüpfheim. Then we went to the shopping center and just walked around trying to kill some time. And of course, I bought clothes, again. Guilty. But it was a Naf Naf skirt, original price 70fr, but the sale price was 12fr, plus I've been looking for that type of skirt, plus they have it in my size. After that we went for some ice-cream. And yesh they had Nutella flavour, Kinder Bueno flavour, Raffello flavour and some other flavour which were in French. Let me tell you, Nutella is already delicious. Nutella ice-cream is totally indescribable. Later we went to a little terrace coffee shop, where the view of the Altstadt from the terrace is just absolutely beautiful. Julie belanja-ed me a drink, and after enjoying the view, we walked down to the Altstadt. Yeah we just practically walked around and around, then when it was about 5pm or so we went into Coop and Julie introduced a typical Fribourg bread to me. It was quite good, to be honest. Then we went to a festival where they have international food for sale. No doubt, I went for asian food, well mainly because it's the cheapest one I found. It was a Vietnamese stall but they were also selling some kind of Cantonese rice with veggies. As a true Cantonese I ordered that. There was also some show, but then we left at 8.15pm or so and we said our goodbyes at the bahnhof and I went back. I really enjoyed myself. For one, we communicate in German, and since German isn't either of our mother tongue, we kinda speak it with our own accent, and in a tempo which we can both understand really good. That's one of the reason I hang out with her so much in school back then :)

The view from the terrace coffee shop




Some Italian flag swinging performance which was surprisingly quite awesome.

I was home alone on Friday, and I finally managed to pull myself jogging. I can honestly say that I improved, cause I finally jogged till the end of the road without stopping. That was all that was interesting that day, I guess.

On Saturday, though, the other AFS exchange students planned an "International Get Together and Chill Day" in Zurich. Well, actually it was Will who planned it, but yeah. I woke up at 8.30am automatically, because of some dream. Have you ever woke up and realized that you had a beautiful dream so you try to sleep and continue the dream? I always do that but this time, I woke up because my dream had a friend who was really annoying in it. She kept talking and talking and talking and *poof* I woke up from her annoyance. I tried to sleep, but then her face just keeps reappearing in my dream, and just keeps talking with that irritating voice. I gave up and just stayed awake, eventhough I was pooped. Ugh. Finally got to meet up with Catherine from New Zealand, because she left after the first week of Deutschkurs due to her already speaking the language quite fluently, and I've never seen her since. And yeah, Shu Chien, Jun Khee and Shu Jie came as well. We met up at 12pm and went to buy some food, and then we bumped into Anna from Australia and we went to the treffpunkt to meet up with the others. They were late so we went to the park first. We met up with Will from Peru when we almost reached the park, and then we just sat under the shade and chill. It was nice, but a bit boring, for me. They went swimming but I didn't bring my bikini along so I didn't go into the water. The weather was burning hot as well. Give from Thailand came later and we just talked about Mario Maurer, an actor from Thailand who is absolutely lengzai :D We, Malaysians, left early and went for dinner at our usual eating place in Zurich, Suan Long the chinese takeaway restaurant. I guess that was just it for the day.

Alex from Australia, Will from Peru, Me and Shu Jie from MALAYSIA and Give from Thailand :)
Photographer : Jun Khee from MALAYSIA

So today, the last day of summer holidays. I woke up with the feeling that I will waste this day by sitting in front of my mac the whole day. But then, after breakfast, Julia came and ask if I wanted to go "Wandern" with them. As I know, "wandern" means "wonder" so I thought it was just like a jalan-jalan enjoy the weather/scenery kind of thing, so I said yes. When we were good to go, I saw Kim the dog in the car, and Julia and Joel were packing backpacks with 4 big water bottles and apples, and my host dad bringing along his hiking shoes. And at that instance, my mind went "What did I just agreed to?". And so, we went to Heiligkruez, a small, small village in Hasle which was on top of a hill, and from there, we went mountain hiking. My host-dad pointed to the mountain and said "That's where we're going" and I was like "Oh good". Luckily I had my sun glasses on so I think they couldn't really see my expression. Of course, I was much slower than them, but I'm proud that I didn't give up, and didn't ask for breaks and all. I just kept up with my pace, but they did stop to wait for me. Once I caught up, we just went on straight again. Come to think of it, I think the last time I went for jungle trekking or mountain hiking was since Mount Kinabalu. We went on top of Ferneren, some mountain that is. When we finally reached the top, I could practically see the whole of Entlebuch, Hasle and Schüpfheim. We took a short break, enjoyed the view, and then we went down with another way. We didn't go straight down, we went to a hilltop restaurant for something to eat. After that we just went straight on down. I don't know what I hate more, going up or going down. All the time I was praying that I don't sprain my ankle again, because the road going down were all rocks and stones, plus I'm wearing that shoe of mine which keeps bending my ankle when I walk on flat road. And Thank God I reached the car safe and sound. It was a 3 hour hike, and although it was super tiring at first, but I felt really really good after the hike. What a nice way to end the holidays :)



Over the horizon, you can see Germany :)


So now I gotta go sleep, cause school's tomorrow. Julia's in the same school with me now, so we'll be walking to the trainstation everyday together now :) Plus they finally finished with the construction work on the rail way, so the train is back in order now. Wish me luck for the first day of school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment