About Me

My photo
Nothing much about me. I'm just a regular girl, studies in a regular school, do nothing but regular stuffs..BUT I AM MADLY OBSESSED WITH LEEHOM!!
I AM A SEXY BEAST

Now that I've got your attention, please click here. I promise you this is not some ad or spam. Just write something :)

Wednesday, October 24, 2012



Okay so back to the updates.

Monday. 24th September. God today I'm writing this on 24th October. Exactly a month ago. Okay back to updates.

The whole week was "Sonderwoche" in our school. It literally means "Special Week". What's so special? The whole week, you only focus on one subject. I don't know how is it, but for the 4th year, they were supposed to focus on their Schwerpunktfach, and mine being Music. Apparently it was stuffs related to their Matura exams, so it would be a whole useless week for me to attend classes. Instead, I had to help out at the office. Yippee yai yeh.

On Monday, I had to help Frau Wicki, the school secretary. I kinda just pasted address stickers on envelopes and did about 500 photo copies and stuck those registration forms into files for new students along with Manuela, whose class was in Prague, and she went last year (she is repeating the same year this year), so this year she has nothing to do as well. Oh I forgot to mention that I was sick this week. It was kinda a hard time for me because I felt dizzy almost 24/7 and sniffing uncontrollably and the weather wasn't helping much as well. Monday we finished around 11.30am so I get the whole afternoon free.

On Tuesday, though, we had to help the school custodian. I know. We had to clean the store room, move heavy stuff from the front door of the school to the back door of the school. Please be reminded that we are BOTH GIRLS. PLUS, the heavy stuffs were either covered in cobwebs and dust, or covered with dead, squashed spiders. They were speakers, freaking heavy wooden boards, some dunno-how-many-100-meters-long cloths, glasses, boxes of candles, boxes of plants etc. On the plus side, the custodian belanja-ed us some pastries. Since Manuela and I were so hardworking, we hardly took any breaks, and finished before 12pm. The custodian even told us, "Slow down, if not there won't be any jobs for you two anymore."

Here's the funny thing. They actually have nothing left for us to do, but just because they need to keep us till a certain time, they actually spent some time thinking what we had to do. So basically what we did was for nothing important, just to kill our time. The work we had to do, seemed like I was in detention. Cleaning, moving, blah blah blah. It seemed like what they used as punishment back in Malaysia. Imagine. Working and working and working, then a teacher sees you, and asks why are you doing all these work, and then another teacher would say "Oh, because she broke some rules and this is her punishment." and I had to work in shame.

On Wednesday, holy mama. We were helping Frau Schnider, the other secretary. We actually spent the whole day stuffing envelopes. We started off photocopying, then we had to paste those printed address stickers on envelopes first, and then we had to stuff 2 papers into each envelopes. How many envelopes, you ask? 725 envelopes. Yeah, you read it right. It took us 5 hours. FIVE HOURS of sitting in the glassroom and stuffing envelopes. Then we had to print the stamps on the envelopes, which I admit is a fun and new thing for me. You just place the envelope in the machine, and it prints of the barcode scan of the stamp. Lucky we didn't have to lick and paste the stamps. Oh my god. Frau Schnider then fetched me back to Hasle so I didn't have to wait 45 minutes for the train, that's one real good thing. I had 2 papercuts that day and it hurt like hell.

On Thursday, we were back to the custodian. Today was just cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning. We had to wipe the stairway railings, which I don't understand why, and then sweep the leaves outside, and then vacuum some rooms, clear out some gymnastics stuff and vacuum, wipe windows and doors, sweep dried leaves again, recycle some stuff, and move some cloths into boxes. It wasn't as tiring as Tuesday, but we had to stay till about 4pm for this. Well, because of all these cleaning, I've been to places in the school that I'm sure most students never went, like the abandoned teacher's room, where it's now just a dark, dark room filled with leaked water, the basement store room, the furnace room, the equipment room and all.

On Friday, it was our last day of "detention". We had to help out at the school office, but the French teacher needed our help. We went inventory checking instead. It was a shelf full of French novels, exercise books, tapes, albums, CDs and we had to check everything. I was supposed to *attempt to* read out the title of the book or tape or album or whatever and Manuela was supposed to cross it out on a list. Of course, my French pronunciation was crappy. Most of the time I just pick the book/CD/tape/etc. up and show Manuela the title, and she'll read some twisting French word. After that it was lunch and we had almost the whole school to ourselves, because everyone finishes school that day before lunch. After that we were left to help Frau Schnider, but she had only so much work for us. All we had to do were stuff some envelopes and edit some calender thingy on the computer and voila, we're done.

DETENTION = OVER.


AUTUMN BREAK = BEGIN.

On Saturday, I went to Zurich to meet up with the other Malaysians, except for Shu Chien, because we were supposed to do her birthday present that day. We went shopping for a little while, bought the materials we need and went to Coop Restaurant to do the present.

Took from Shu Chien's instagram.
The papers were all wishes and our memories together and also some photos all wrapped up with love.

I had to also go to H&M to buy some socks because it was the AFS Workcamp the next day and I had to wear these ankle-high hiking boots and I didn't have any high ankle socks. I'm really tired of spending so much money, but these were important. After doing the presents and all, we took Gleis 7 to Winterthur for Kebabs. KC didn't join us because he had a party, so it was just Jun Khee, Shu Jie and I. I gotta say, that was the best kebab I have ever tasted. And  the cheapest! It costs only 6fr for a mini döner box. Don't be fooled by it's name. The "mini" is actually just enough for 1 meal, and they are really generous with the sauce and meat and fries and this is the only kebab shop that puts in salad in the döner box. I arrived home at 12am midnight, and I had to continue packing for the camp. So I slept at 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment